This website is hosted by The British Geological Survey (BGS), as a wholly owned Research Centre of the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC); 'the Hosts'. In entering our site you as a user ('you') are accepting our terms and conditions.
While the Hosts believe the information to be reliable, human or mechanical error remains a possibility. Therefore, the Hosts do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or correct sequencing of the information.
The Hosts shall not be responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the use of or results obtained from the use of this information. Your use of any information made available via this website is at your own risk. The Hosts give no warranty, condition or representation as to the quality, accuracy or completeness of the information or its suitability for any use or purpose. All implied conditions relating to the quality or suitability of the information, and all liabilities arising from the supply of the information (including any liability arising in negligence) are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Information at this site is:
- subject to the usual uncertainties of research
- subject to change without notice
- not to be relied on as the basis for doing or failing to do something.
Links to and from this site are:
- not endorsed by the Hosts
- for convenience only and do not mean that the Hosts endorse or approve those other sites, their content or the people who run them
- for the Internet user to make their own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information found at sites linked from this website, rather than the responsibility of the Hosts
Notice and takedown policy
If you are a copyright holder and are concerned that you have found material on our website belonging to you, for which you have not granted permission, or where permission is automatically granted by way of national/international law, please contact us in writing stating the following:
- your contact details
- the full bibliographic details of the material (where relevant)
- the exact and full url where you found the material
- proof that you are the rights holder and a statement confirming that you are the rights holder or are an authorised representative
Given proof of valid objection the Hosts will promptly take appropriate action in response to the objection.
Re-use of information
- The Hosts, The Crown Estate and/or The Energy Technologies Institute has or have made and will continue to make substantial investment in the obtaining, verification, selection, coordination, development, presentation and supply of the materials made available on this website and the website itself. The Hosts give non-exclusive permission to use and reproduce free of charge any content made publicly available to you on this website for non-commercial private study, research and educational activities uses, subject to appropriate acknowledgement (© The Energy Technologies Institute LLP, NERC and The Crown Estate. All rights reserved.) and compliance with any other stated terms and conditions of use related to specific content.
- You may not trade, sell or in any other way supply/make available to any third party any part of any information made publicly available to you on this website.
- Certain materials are made available only on a restricted basis and subject to written Conditions of User Access documentation.
For further information on access please contact us